What is one of real estate's rare luxuries? How about your own golf course? Or maybe your own helipad? Or, better yet, your own indoor swimming pool.
Ah, now we're talking. Even the rich and famous would admit that having an indoor pool is one of life's luxurious amenities. Here are 5 homes that feature fabulous indoor swimming pools. Some have celebrity lineage, some are quite ornate, while others are simply well-appointed spaces to swim some precious laps. Take a look:
1. Greenwich, CT Home For Sale — $15,950,000309 Taconic Rd, Greenwich, CT 06831Notable: Not only does this 26,000-sq ft Mediterranean manor home have its own private theater and elaborate wine-tasting room, but it also boasts an elegant lap pool under a Tuscan-yellow arched ceiling.
2. Manhattan, NY Home for Sale - $10,995,000232 W. 15th St, New York, NY 10011Notable: Of all the unlikely places for an indoor pool, here it is - smack dab in the center of the Chelsea neighborhood in Manhattan. Not only does this townhome have an 8-foot deep indoor pool with a swing, it also has a sauna, a hot tub and a sun deck. And, according to the New York Times, a libidinous history, with plenty of stories of wild and crazy times that the previous owner - a bachelor - lived up to.
3. Hickory Creek, TX Home for Sale – $35,000,0001851 Turbeville Rd, Hickory Creek, TX 75065Notable: Champ d’Or (“Field of Gold”) is a little bit of France in the Golden Triangle of North Central Texas. Resting on 256 acres and surrounded by gardens, private lakes and trees, is a 48,000-sq ft estate styled after a 17th-century chateau near Paris. It belongs to Alan Goldfield and his wife, Shirley. Goldfield is a billionaire cellphone mogul who founded CellStar Corp., a wholesaler for logistics, fulfillment, and consumer activation of cellular phones.
4. Yountville, CA Home for Sale - $19.9 million5681 Silverado Trail, Yountville, CA 94599Notable: Welcome to the heart of Napa and the former estate of California wine giant Robert Mondavi, who hired renowned architect Cliff May to design it, incorporating his signature indoor-outdoor California style. Surrounding the home are views of thousands of acres of vineyards. The living room includes a 50-foot indoor swimming pool and spa with retractable skylights.
5. Brookline, MA Home for Sale - $15,750,000333 Lee St, Brookline, MA 02445Notable: Large-scale color murals and rich, wood-trim detailing around arched ceilings creates a warm, inviting space for this indoor pool pavilion that is accessible via an underground passageway. This classic Brookline estate was built in 1929, and has 9 beds, 9 baths, a four-car garage and a one-bedroom guest apartment.