By: Diane Tuman, Zillow Content Manager | February 28, 2011
Whether you’re a wine connoisseur, or simply a recreational imbiber who could care less about vintage, bouquet, and fragrance but enjoys a good glass of wine, you know that storing wine is important. A dark, temperature-controlled space is ideal, but sometimes a kitchen cabinet is the only spot. Take a look at how wine is stored in these multi-million-dollar homes that contain spectacular wine cellars, towers, closets, and rooms.
See 10 Wine Cellars to Pop Your Cork:
1. Greenwich, CT Home for Sale – $15,950,000 (below)309 Taconic Rd, Greenwich, CT 06831Notable: In addition to an incredible wine cellar with seating for eight during delectable tastings, this 26,000-sq ft Greenwich, CT manor home is set on 21 acres and has its own private theater and an elegant lap pool under a Tuscan-yellow arched ceiling. As for Greenwich real estate, this home well exceeds the mid-point of Greenwich home values of $1,069,500.
2. Englewood, NJ Home for Sale - $15,900,000 (below)(undisclosed Address), Englewood, NJ 07631Notable: Located just eight miles from midtown Manhattan, this impressive estate has the sensibility of British royalty. High-end details include antique fireplaces, French-mitered herringbone wood floors, and reclaimed chateau limestone. An extensive collector’s wine cellar is found on the lower level. An elevator services all three floors. Compared with other Englewood real estate, this home’s value is well above the mid-point of Englewood home values of $326,500.
3. Water Mill, NY Home for Sale — $58,500,000 (below)(undisclosed Address), Water Mill, NY 11976Notable: A chandelier in this wine cellar is a simple, but telling touch in this elegant mansion that blends Old World grace with modern amenities. The main entry showcases a grand, double-sided staircase cast in bronze, silver, and gold leaf with a 19th-century, stained glass skylight overhead. The 20,000-sq.ft. home also includes eight fireplaces, a private theater, spa, sauna, gym, and enormous wine storage. Water Mill real estate is not for the faint of heart; the mid-point of Water Mill home values is presently $?2,071,600.
4. Midway, UT Home for Sale – $21,900,000 (below)9806 Summit View Dr, Park City, UT 84060Notable: This is Ski Magazine’s “Dream Home,” whose design and amenities were conceived by ski lovers from all over the county. Completed in 2007, it has direct ski-in/ski-out access from Deer Valley’s Mountaineer ski run. Special amenities include an outdoor pool and waterfall, elevator, golf simulator, theater, trout aquarium, steam room, sauna, day spa, and 4,500-sq.ft. of heated decks and patio. The wine cellar holds over 1,000 bottles. This home is among the priciest for Park City real estate region where the mid-point of Park City home values is $795,000.
5. Hunts Point, WA Home for Sale — $12,970,000 (below)4242 Hunts Point Rd, Hunts Point, WA 98004Notable: Located in Hunts Point, WA, a suburb of Seattle and home to celebrities such as Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and saxophonist Kenny G, this gated, Northwest Mediterranean-style mansion overlooks 100 feet of waterfront on Lake Washington. Described as a toy land for grown-ups, this mansion contains a movie theater, full sports bar, pool table, sauna, and wine cellar. Hunts Point real estate is among the priciest in the Seattle region; Hunts Point home values are coming in at $5,680,000. Yowza.
6. Lincoln, MA Home for Sale – $10,400,000 (below)109 Todd Pond Rd, Lincoln, MA 01773Notable: Located on Todd Pond (the better-known Walden Pond is just a few miles away), this mansion on 10 acres contains a hand-crafted wine cellar, plus many other indulgences such as a mahogany library milled in Europe, outdoor living area with stone fireplace, pool solarium, full spa and sauna, bowling alley, gym, rock wall, and tennis court. Presently, this home is at the top of the heap for Lincoln real estate; The mid-point of Lincoln home values is presently $775,000.
7. Bridgehampton, NY Home for Sale — $8,495,000 (below)29 W Pond Dr, Bridgehampton, NY 11932Notable: Located on the Atlantic Ocean in Bridgehampton, NY, this new, gambrel-style shingled estate of 13,000 sq. ft. includes 10 bedrooms, 10.5 bathrooms, a guest house with a pool, cabana, sauna, movie theater, game room, gym, and one of the most incredible wine cellars in the Hamptons. As far as Bridgehampton real estate goes, this home is hardly among the priciest as many are listed in the double digits. The mid-point of Bridgehampton home values is now $1,203,800.
8. Los Angeles Home for Sale — $19,900,000 (below)2123 Ravensfield Ln, Los Angeles, CA 90077Notable: This new-construction Tuscan-style home offers 22,000-sq. ft. with 11 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms. The wine cellar, with a climate-controlled system, can hold 2,550 bottles and seat eight for dinner. The master suite measures 3,500-sq. ft. and contains his-and-hers steam baths. Additional features include a home theater, elevator, fitness center with full gym, massage room, wet and dry sauna, and a bath/dressing area with a whirlpool spa. As most everyone knows, Bel Air real estate is among the priciest in the country. Presently, the mid-point of Bel Air home values is $2,950,000.
9. Laguna Beach, CA Home for Sale – $32,500,000 (below)33 Shreve Dr, Laguna Beach, CA 92651Notable: The clean lines in this home’s slick, contemporary design carry over to the wine room, which is encased in glass and wood to bring a touch of art and form to the function of storing wine. Naturally, this home is at the top end of Laguna Beach real estate where the mid-point of Laguna Beach home values is $1,499,000.
10. Atlanta, GA Home for Sale – $12,500,000 (below)1867 W Wesley Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30327Notable: Fill up this incredible wine storage space with your favorite vintage, or Two-Buck Chuck. This elegant 13,118-sq. ft. home outside of Atlanta is set on 3+ private acres and has an in-ground pool, and beautiful fireplace in the kitchen. This home is at the top of the Paces real estate market where the mid-point of Paces home values is $669,000.